Leonard De Botton
Chief Information Officer
973 278 5400 ext 1530
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER
The position of Information Security Manager is a newly created position that will be overseeing Information Security, and will report directly to the CIO. The position requires an individual with a strong technical hands on background in systems, application, and network, security, along with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. Superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations.
· GIAC Certified Security Certification
· Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or a related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
· Five or more years’ experience overseeing information security at an organization
· Providing leadership, guidance, training, policy, procedure, and overall oversite in all aspects of information security.
· Managing security internal reviews, working on external/internal security audits, vulnerability, phishing testing, pen testing, threat assessments, and directing responses to network, application or system intrusions
· Ensuring fulfillment of legal and contractual information security and privacy mandates, including providing executive management with compliance reports and audit findings
· Develop data and cyber security metrics and dashboards
- Define security requirements and controls to effectively protect Berkeley’s confidential and regulated data.
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, inside and outside of IT.
- Work with Information Systems team to perform and maintain response and escalation procedures for security events.
· Preventing and detecting intrusion