Brett Scott Whittaker
529 Waterford Dr
Evans, GA 30809
(410) 979-9493 (410) 672-0637
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position within the Development or Computer Network Operations (CNO) communities that is commensurate with my experience, challenging in scope, and dynamic in opportunity.
· Software Development
· Cyber Operation Instruction
· Network Analysis
· Network Operations
· Intelligence Analysis
· Digital Forensics
· Training Management
· Top Secret/SCI Clearance
Aug 2015 – Apr 2017: Exploit Development Instructor and Training Content Author
· Professionally instructed hundreds of students in exploit development on linux and windows platforms so they may better defend against the techniques.
· Authored & built Reverse Engineering courseware that demonstrated virtual memory, stack operations and registers to meet DoD Cyber contract demands.
· Created professional training materials on modern & legacy encryption techniques for multi-million dollar government contract fulfillment.
· Utilized gdb and Immunity debuggers to analyze software and develop buffer overflows to defeat ASLR, DEP, stack canaries & cookies for demonstration.
· Crafted & taught Python scripts to automate analysis and launch remote exploits.
· Built and demonstrated web exploits to include SQL Injection, Cross Site Scripting, Authentication and Session Management, and others.
· Trained students on the Metasploit framework to enable exploit communications.
· Educated DoD cyber warriors on basic/intermediate linux operating system skills.
· Instructed automation techniques utilizing bash, batch and powershell scripting to survey remote network hosts, network devices and local computers.
· Developed applications in C and Assembly to demonstrate stack overflow vulnerabilities and proper defensive coding practices.
· Authored student evaluations based on in-class tasks, formal tests and hands-on performance in active networks for government job-role assessments.
· Developed and built multiple web-based training modules that provided on-demand remote learning including narration, demonstration, labs and testing.
Dec 2011 - Jul 2015: Analysis Flight Chief, Operator, Planner, Network Warfare Unit
· Conducted computer network exploitation operations to include characterization, vulnerability scanning, and exploitation to fulfill tailored intelligence needs.
· Performed in-depth network analysis derived from multi-sourced data and authored operational cyber plans for execution organization-wide.
· Created and managed the 105 Cyber Combat Mission Team (CCMT) training program that served dozens of members and instructed topics that included network analysis, intelligence, doctrine, operations and critical thinking.
· Managed Joint Qualification Requirement program that ensured dozens of team members met and maintained qualifications, learned technical skills, and remained current on doctrine and regulations.
Oct 2006 - Nov 2011, Operations Section NCOIC & Operator
· Performed vast numbers of real-world cyber operations that produced many intelligence products delivered to internal analysts and external customers to include multiple military services, intelligence agencies, the US State Department, and the President of the United States.
· Performed digital forensics on vast numbers of computers and networking devices that ran numerous operating systems that included Windows 95, Windows 8, *NlX based platforms and various networking systems.
· Trained dozens of network operators on tools, techniques and procedures for advanced network operations and operational security.
EDUCATION & VOCATIONAL TRAINING (partial list)
AS — Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, 2015
SANS Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling, 40 hours, June 2014
SANS Security+, 40 hours, October 2013
SANS Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools/Techniques, June 2010
SANS Developing Exploits for Penetration Testers & Security Researchers, June 2009
Learning Tree International Certified Ethical Hacker, March 2009
Windermere Digital Interactive Network Operations Course, 480 hours, May 2007
Preliminary Tactical Digital Forensics: Section Zero, 1100 hours, Dec 2007
Prior Air Force Courses: Advanced C & Ada, Oracle 7, Object-Oriented Design, etc.
105 Combat Mission Team, Cyber Fires Planner, 2014
SIGDEV Strategy & Governance, Network Analyst, 2013
Requirements & Targeting, Exploitation Analyst, 2013
Operations Center, Interactive Operator, 2007
Communications Computer System Programmer, 1992-2006
Certified CompTIA Security+, Oct 2013 - Present
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Apr 2009 – 2012 (expired)