6 paid ads: ISACA, CTC.EDU, ASIS, Denimgroup, Cybervista, apus.edu (I had never heard of most of these before)
Top organic hit is Comptia Security +. NOTE: Security + is mentioned 4 times on page 1 Google
Top article: "Darkreading's 10 Security certifications to boost your career" They list the GSEC first.
0 mention of GIAC on page 1 of Google results
1) Do not pay for ads, it is a crowded field so it will cost money and yield minimal results
2) Create a short list of distinctives, suggested examples:
- GSE, most advanced cybersecurity certification, this is halfway down the page for search term GSE.
- GIAC Advisory Board, best home field advantage in the industry, (my blogpost was 2nd hit)
- Cybersecurity skill specific certification, that Google search term does not mention GIAC and ISACA is second organic hit, "ISACA is First to Combine Skills-based Cybersecurity Training with Performance-based Exams and Certifications to Address Global Cyber Talent Shortage"
- ETC, ETC
2A) Build content for your desired distinctives linking back to GIAC. I am modeling that behavior in this blogpost, (note that I am not linking to "the other guys).
3) For each GIAC certification, type the search term into Google. For instance for the search term "GPEN" the first hit is a vaporizer. Build an article about the certification that links to the appropriate cert page.